Monday, February 16, 2009

Food Week - Breakfast

Hi all!

I am participating in Food Week that is being hosted by Sherrie over at Frenchy's Finds. The first installment is a simple breakfast recipe. So here is our old stand by.

Cut up a whole banana add 1.5 cups of blueberries (I have a whole freezer full of Nova Scotia wild blueberries), 4 dollops of plain yogurt a large pinch of flax seed and almost a handful of almonds (I LOVE ALMONDS!). To top it all off a nice drizzle of maple syrup. Easy, fast and healthy. You can use any fruit, I usually try to use what is in season or what I have in the freezer...with the exception of the banana of course. ;)

Here is a list of all the food week participants if you want to check out all the yumminess or if you want to join in!

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm.. I love yogurt with the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - simple, yummy AND healthy! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably the best way I can have my fruit intake - with yogurt and nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is much better than what we usually eat. I like the idea of less carbs and more fruits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks just delicious ~ I love this too with granola, never tired with almonds must do this. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! We do similar things, but I never add almonds - thanks for the inspiration! Next time I will. :)

    ReplyDelete